CENTRE FOR SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT
NATIONAL SPACE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
PRESENTS CSTD WEEK 2018
THEME:”REVOLUTIONIZING AGRICULTURE THROUGH SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS”
VENUE: PROF BOROFFICE MULTIPURPOSE CONFERENCE CENTRE
Obasanjo Space Centre, Airport Road, Abuja, Nigeria
DATE: 14th – 15th August 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
Preamble: “Eradicate Extreme Hunger and Poverty” is the number one goal of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Food security and eradication of extreme hunger and poverty can only be tackled through agricultural practices with modern tools and technology that will promote expected innovations in agriculture with high yield to bring hunger to zero level and smart marketing strategies to drive away poverty. Space Science and Technology Applications remain the only tool to revolutionize Agriculture to meet the expected SDGs goals. Agriculture is critical to economic growth, sound health, wealth creation and employment to ever increasing population. It is on this platform that Centre for Satellite Technology Development (CSTD) as a principal stakeholder in delivering High Technology to revolutionize every aspect of economy. Hence the theme for this year CSTD annual space conference is aimed to enumerate her spinoffs and available technology to address issues in Agro-economy for sustainable development.
The CSTD WEEK 2018 would provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of topics related to the theme:
“REVOLUTIONIZING AGRICULTURE THROUGH SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS”
Papers are invited in the field of Space Science and Technology for CSTD Week 2018 with the following Sub-themes:
- Space Science and Technology Application for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Agriculture
Papers should focus on application of space science and technology to promote Agriculture and socio-economic benefits to mankind. Such presentation(s) shall include:
- Remote sensing and Geographical Information System (GIS) as a tools to promote Food Security and other applications for national development.
- Military, Security and Monitoring Operations
- Emergency management system,
- Information Communication Technology (ICT), Internet of a Thing (IOT) and Agriculture
- Spacecraft Design, Manufacturing and Testing
Papers should focus on innovation as well as novel technology aimed at achieving more efficient and cost-effective component to subsystem satellite design:
- Earth observation satellites
- Communication satellites
- Navigation satellites
- Space systems, mission analysis, planning and design
- Ground segment design and management
- Rocketry, Software development, Embedded System and Robotics
- Assembly, Integration and Testing from Component level to Module
- Aerospace Materials and Component Miniaturization
Papers should focus on lightweight and reliable composite materials for developing aerospace and satellite components and structures, testing and qualifying them for flight. Also, miniaturization on a component level to enhance development of more compact and sizeable systems. These papers should include:
- Emphasis on composite material Technology to aid weight and size
- Miniaturization of electronic components for satellite and ground station development
- Emerging technologies in semiconductor devices
- Embedded systems
- Testing, verification, evaluating and validating new technologies in (possibly) simulated orbital environment
- Engineering Materials Technology , Nanotechnology and Miniaturization
- Space Weather and Environment
Paper should focus on space weather impacts on space based assets and earth based engineering Infrastructure and agricultural productivity.
- Global warming and climate change
- Atmospheric Research
- Solar Science and Geomagnetism
- Energy and Environment
- Collaborations, Partnerships, Policies and Space Enterprise
Focus here is on collaborative ventures between agencies and organizations within the industry running programs to build capacity and technological know-how, possibly in the form of Know How Technology Transfer (KHTT) programs or available funding or research grant opportunities. These should include:
- space education for sustainable development including outreach programs
- Space Policy, Insurance and Law
- Partnership in research and development of space technology spinoffs and deliverables
- Building and nurturing indigenous private sectors in space science technology
- Fostering of alliances and partnership in space business and space technology
- Assessing space technology spinoffs and deliverable services (taking technology to end user)
- Capacity Building and Known How Technology Transfer (KHTT) programs
- Health Safety and Environment
This announcement serves as an invitation to all potential participants of the 2018 CSTD ANNUAL SPACE CONFERENCE to submit abstract(s) of paper(s) for presentation. The abstract(s) should include;
- The title of the paper, the full name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s) in the order of first name, middle name/initial and last name. Please do not include titles e.g. Prof, Dr, Mr, Mrs Etc. Indicate the name of the presenter/corresponding author with an asterisk (*) immediately after his/her last name including his/her email address and phone number.
- A single paragraph of not more than 300 words. Please note that abstracts should not contain references, citations, graphs, illustrations or equations.
- Accepted Format – Abstracts (MS-Word, Times New Roman, Font 12) and Full Paper (Power Point & MS-Word, Times New Roman, Font Size 12)
All abstracts forwarded to the e-mail address below should bear the subject “Abstract _Author’s name”, while full text should bear the subject “Full Text_ Author’s name”.
All abstract(s) should be submitted electronically on or before May 4th, 2018.
Excellent peer-reviewed papers would be published in our annual conference monograph “The Monograph of CSTD 2018 Annual Space Conference and Exhibition”. Consequently, authors of accepted abstracts would be requested to submit a full text of their paper(s) on or before May 25th, 2018.
Prospective Participants would be informed of the acceptance of their abstracts and full paper(s) on or before May 11th, 2018 & June 8th, 2018 respectively.
NOTE: All abstract(s) and paper(s) submissions must be done on our website
POSTER SESSIONS & EXHIBITIONS
There shall be poster sessions and exhibition of products (hardware and services) during the conference. Those intending to present their paper(s) as poster or exhibit their products are required to indicate their interest by using the subject header “Poster_Author’s name” for forwarded poster and “Exhibition_ProductType_Author’s name” for exhibition. The final decision will however be made by the technical committee.
For further enquiries, please contact the technical committee via email@example.com
We look forward to your favourable response. Accept the assurance of our highest regards.
Engr. Dr. Sadiq Umar
Head (Technical Committee)
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
See website for further enquiries & Information.